Have you ever tried GoNoodle's videos and games to help keep your students moving inside the classroom? These desk-side movement activities geared towards K-5 classrooms are selected and projected by the teacher from the GoNoodle website. Sign up as a teacher at gonoodle.com, fill in some information and then choose your class "Champ". Champs are the primary motivation system in GoNoodle. Every time you play an activity with your students, you help grow your Champ. When you grow a Champ completely, you get to choose a new one to grow. (For more info about Champs click here). There are over 200 GoNoodle videos to choose from.
Here is how to find the right activity for you:
- Explore: Explore is the default view after clicking the Play button from the champ page, featuring the newest and featured GoNoodle activities. Use this page to see what's new, what's coming soon, and to find activities you may not have played before.
- Channels: GoNoodle is like a music collection – think of channels as artists! If you know you want to dance with Zumba Kids, you can go straight to the Zumba Kids channel.
- Categories: Think of Categories as genres. To see all the dancing videos, for example, head to the “Guided Dancing” category. A variety of genres makes it easy to find the right video for your classroom’s energy level.
- Search: Searching GoNoodle is super easy. Simply type in keywords to see all the videos that match. Try “mindfulness,” “Pop See Ko,” or even “2 minutes” for videos around a certain length. Perhaps a 10+ minute video for that indoor recess?
In the Explore view search for videos and activities by duration. Grab a 1 minute clip and wiggle your way into the next subject area. I thoroughly enjoy Awesome Sauce's "Dance like this Dude". Silly dance moves everyone can get into to get the blood flowing for the next part of the day.
Here are some highly recommended options for your next GoNoodle Adventure:
(You'll need to already have signed up to view these channels and categories)
- Testing: Calming category. Ease anxiety with several calming, stress-reducing activities.
- Indoor Recess: Mega-mixes. Longer GoNoodle videos for the times you’re stuck inside.
- Mindfulness: Think About It. A series of positive, one-minute reflections, perfect for morning meeting.
- Great for the active: Koo Koo Kanga Roo. Awesome beats, hilarious dance moves.
- Special needs favorite: Mr. Catman. Emphasis on coordination and concentration.
- Sluggish afternoons: Zumba Kids. Dance your way back to life!
- Bouncing-off-the-walls energy: Free movement category. A group of videos that let students get the wiggles out.
- Older grades: Fresh Start Fitness. Seriously intense workouts!
- Younger Grades: Maximo. Simple stretching moves, led by a silly monkey.
- Celebration: Guided Dancing category. Pick a dance-along, and go to town
Read more about the features and specifics or GoNoodle here. How are you GoNoodling in your class?