It was successful because:
- it was a culminating activity, so students were knowledgeable on the topic.
- older buddies helped.
- the template the teacher created made it simple for her new-to-Google students to feel successful.
- she had access to the document her students were working on and could monitor their progress.
What she did:
- She created a Google Doc and made a slide for each of her students. Each slide had 'by' and the student's name.
- She shared the document with her students.
- With their buddies, the students had to find the slide with their name, type their sentences and add pictures.
- When everyone was finished, each student got to come up and read his/her slide to the class.
Below is a copy of the final presentation. I have removed students names and just left the first initial.